Chinook Learning Services - return to homepage off-campus | earn high school credits for on-the-job experience
Follow Chinook on twitter Friend Chinook on facebook
cbe.ab.casite mapstudent login

contact off-campus

e |
t | 403-777-7200

How to Apply for Off-campus Programs

How to ApplyRequirements / Expectations

  • Work Experience students must secure their own volunteer or job placement.
  • Students must be a minimum of 15 years old and currently enrolled in high school or high school upgrading.
  • Students must work or volunteer a minimum of 75 hours to receive high school work experience credits (1 credit for every 25 hours).
  • Students can only accumulate hours for high school credit between 6:00 AM - 12:01 AM.
  • Students must successfully complete the prerequisite HCS3000 (Workplace Safety Systems) course before registering for any Off-campus program (see your High School Guidance counsellor if required).
  • Students must attend a Mandatory Online Work Experience Orientation before enrollment is confirmed.

How to Apply for Summer Off-campus 2024

The following Chinook Off-campus Application Packages are fillable using your computer's keyboard and mouse. Download the application package and save it to your computer. Complete the fillable fields, then print a hard copy to sign and date. Email completed documents to

For Work Experience Program

For Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) & Internship Programs

For Non-Calgary Board of Education Students

One of the following forms, together with current Legal Documentation, is also required:

How to Apply for Fall/Winter Off-campus

High School Upgrading

Specialized Programs - Students interested in participating should contact our Specialized Program Partners:

  • Calgary Fire Cadets - website
  • Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation - website (Calgary Flames)
  • Calgary Police Cadets - website

For More Information