Chinook Learning Services - return to homepage learn how to enrol
Follow Chinook on twitter Friend Chinook on facebook
cbe.ab.casite mapstudent login

contact high school upgrading / summer school

e |
t | 403-777-7200


Fall / Winter Course Fees

For High School Upgrading (for summer course, activity and material fees click here)

Fees are due at the time of registration. Waivers are not applicable.  A service fee of $25 is charged for all NSF cheques. All fees subject to change. Diploma Rewrite Fees are not included in High School Upgrading course fees. Textbooks must be returned at the end of the semester.  You will be invoiced for the full replacement cost of the textbook if not returned.


Fall & Winter Course Fees for Students 19 Years of Age or Younger

There is no course fee for students 19 years of age or younger as of September 1 of the current school year.

Fall & Winter Course Fees for Students Over 20 Years of Age

If you were 20 years of age or older as of September 1 of the current school year:

5 credit Classroom Learning evening courses


Course fee includes non-refundable Program Fee of $65.

Fall & Winter Fees for International Students

8 credit courses


5 credit courses


3 credit courses


Health Insurance per semester


If you receive a Study Permit and are unable to attend due to special circumstances, your fees will be returned less a $250 administration fee. If you are unable to get a Study Permit, your tuition fees will be refunded less a $250 administration fee. Written notification must be received before the program begins. A full refund is given if a course is cancelled by Chinook Learning Services. Refunds are not issued after the refund deadline or for non-attendance.

The Health Insurance fee is mandatory and payable at the time of registration unless student is able to provide an Alberta Health Care card valid for the duration of the semester.

Income Tax Policy for High School Upgrading

Students taking High School Upgrading courses cannot claim a tuition or education amount for income tax purposes.