1. How much do I pay for each course?
All course fees are specified individually. Please refer to each course. All CBE employees are entitled to a discount. The discount will be indicated at time of registration.
2. What happens if I miss a class?
Students are expected to attend all classes. 90% attendance is required in order to meet course objectives and be granted a satisfactory completion. If a student is absent from scheduled classes, he/she will be required to contact Program Leader Franca Best at firstname.lastname@example.org for re-entry or final evaluation for the course.
3. Do I have to write a test in each class?
Each course will incorporate assessments which will be made up of assignments, projects, journals or written tests. Each assessment is intended to measure competency relating to the specific course. See Grading Criteria.
4. If I am successful in my challenge, do I get my money back?
The fee that the participant pays in order to challenge a course is used to cover the costs of writing an exam, the administration of comparing the courses taken with those that are being challenged, and covering the cost of involving an instructor in the challenge process. See Course Challenge Process & Advance Credit Policy.
5. How long do I have to complete the program?
Program must be completed within 5 years of initial registration. Extensions will be considered; requests for extension must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
6. I have taken a course with Chinook Learning Services previously. Will this course count towards my certificate?
If you have completed a course with Chinook Learning Services within the last five years, you will be granted automatic credit and no fee will be levied.
7. Am I required to complete the levels of the certificate in sequential order?
Students are encouraged to take courses from any of the levels that fit their schedule and needs. However, in order to obtain the certificate for one of the OACP levels, students are required to have completed the previous level.