Overview: Learn how to enhance your professional image and communication skills. Telephone etiquette and behaviour can set a positive or negative tone for the conversation that follows. This course provides the necessary guidelines, knowledge, skills and strategies to ensure a positive impact on all callers. Training in the following areas is covered: effective greetings, voice technique, taking messages, voice mail, conference calls, handling difficult callers, and much more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop skills for greeting and closing calls, listening, holding, taking messages, conference calls, handling difficult callers and voice mail.
- Learn how tone of voice affects callers and how to alter it to leave a positive impression.
- Identify techniques to manage calls efficiently and effectively.
- Deal with difficult callers in a positive and pleasant manner.
- Participate in role-plays of real situations and define appropriate ways of dealing with those situations.
- Develop and practice a script to take away after the course.
- Follow-up practical assessment.
- Lesson 1: Greeting and Closing
- Lesson 2: Active Listening
- Lesson 3: Holding
- Lesson 4: Taking Messages
- Lesson 5: Conference Calls
- Lesson 6: Handling Difficult Callers
- Lesson 7: Voice Mail
- Lesson 8: Follow-up