Spanish for Parents - Level 1
Learning Spanish can be both easy and fun. This beginning level course will help parents of bilingual Spanish students learn or refresh their Spanish language skills. Parents will become more comfortable interacting with their children in Spanish, build their network of bilingual parents and become familiar with the school environment.
Upon the completion of this course you will have fun singing and playing with your child in Spanish.
Courses are tailored to meet participant needs. Course topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Greetings: different ways to say “Hello” and “Good Bye” (Buenos días, Buenas tardes, Buenas noches, Hola; Hasta luego, Hasta mañana, Hasta la vista, Chau)
- Introducing yourself (Llamarse: Yo me llamo Juan.)
- The alphabet: pronunciation of vowels and diphthongs
- Vocabulary: home and school
- Personal pronouns (Yo, Tú...)
- Verb SER: Identification and personal information (Soy María, Mi teléfono es….); origin and nationality (Soy canadiense, ella es de Calgary).
- Verb ESTAR: For localization (Marcela está en la clase. Yo estoy en Madrid.)
- Temporary feelings (estar bien, contento, enfermo, etc.) Vocabulary: people, places, things
- Various simple commands (Ven, Abre, Cierra, etc)
- Definite and indefinite articles: singular and plural
- Agreement between nouns and adjectives in gender and number
- The form HAY (there is, there are)
- Numbers from 0 - 20
- Variety of songs and interactive games to sing and share with children, using the words from lessons 1 and 2.
- Cultural aspects integrated into all classes.