Conflict Resolution for the Workplace
Effective conflict resolvers are not born - they need training and practice. In this technological age, people often find it difficult to communicate face to face and there exists the very real possibility for miscommunication and conflict. Build your skills as an effective conflict resolver and communicator. Learn to recognize conflict patterns, what triggers and escalates conflict in others, strategies to reduce defensiveness, how to communicate in a direct manner and provide feedback constructively.
These skills will help you work more productively and effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors. Successful collaboration helps you and the other party find creative solutions that will meet both your needs.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize your own and other's conflict style.
- Recognize different triggers and patterns in conflict.
- Understand and identify how different people manage conflict.
- Understand what escalates conflict situations.
- Master strategies to reduce conflict escalation.
- Maintain your composure under fire - manage anger and frustration.
- Assert yourself confidently.
- Negotiate successfully.
- Work with others to create new options to old problems.
- Provide feedback effectively.
- Add tools to your conflict resolution tool kit.
- Identifying conflicts
- Levels of conflicts
- Conflict styles
- The creative response - word power and knowledge power
- Anger - the wild fire
- Understanding emotions
- The role of anger in the escalation of conflict
- Become an effective anger manager
- Personality types
- Communication killers and how to respond to them
- Active Listening Practice
- Clarifying and confirming
- Will you react or respond - setting the scene for effective problem solving
- Appropriate assertiveness
- Learn how to provide feedback effectively
- Teambuilding - working with others
- Building self-confidence - recognize and build on your strengths and weaknesses
- Leadership - inspire and motivate your teammates
- Managing difficult behaviours
- Recognizing resistance Managing unwillingness to resolve conflict with others
- Responding effectively to blame
- Both sides win.
- Gaining successful agreements and keeping them
- Facilitate dialogue with others that is participative and productive
- Successful negotiation skills
- Generating options
- Working effectively with others in conflict, help them move beyond their differences and see the benefit of working together
- Bringing a structure for creating a collaborative process.