Bookkeeping 1 Basics
Little or no formal bookkeeping training? Having trouble understanding your accountant? Learn the basics, including bookkeeping terminology and methodology. Each session includes a lecture and exercises to reinforce the concepts. Build a strong foundation in the fundamentals in preparation for computerized accounting such as Sage 50 Accounting and QuickBooks®. The manual bookkeeping process demonstrates what software programs do behind the scene. At the conclusion of this course, you are able to take everyday transactions, record them using the manual process, and create financial statements.
The course covers all cascading and non-cascading sales taxes (GST, HST, PST, QST & RST). This is a valid course for CPA certification. A modified fee is available for students who have taken this course in the last two years.
Register for both Bookkeeping 1 - Basics and Bookkeeping 2 - Accounting Essentials at the same time and receive Bookkeeping 1 - Basics Online Tutorial for a discounted price of $49. Call 403-777-7224 to receive this discount.
This is a concentrated and robust learning experience complete with extensive in-class exercises.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify, evaluate, record and post business transactions
- Prove the accuracy of the posting process by preparation of a trial balance
- Become familiar with aspects of accounting that add accuracy to financial information (year-end entries)
- Prepare financial statements (balance sheets and income statements)
This course guides you through everyday transactions so that you are able to take financial documents and record them in your books and records to a trial balance stage.
- The balance sheet
- Analyzing transactions
- Recording transactions
- Transactions affecting profit
- GST and Subsidiary Ledgers
- Payroll and bank reconciliations