Chinook Learning Services - return to homepage continuning education | invest in yourself - register 403-777-7550
Follow Chinook on twitter Friend Chinook on facebook
cbe.ab.casite mapstudent login

contact continuing education

e |
t | 403-777-7550


electronic messages

subscribe | unsubscribe

EAL Assistant 2 - Bridging Workshop


Fee: $239

Did you receive your EAL Assistant 1 Certificate of Recognition more than 2 years ago? Do you have some other training or experience in the field of English as an Additional Language (EAL)? In either case, this one-day bridging workshop offers a way to determine your readiness to take the upcoming session of the EAL Assistant 2 Certificate of Recognition. It gives you an opportunity to share what you already know and have done in the field of English language teaching as well as to demonstrate your own English language proficiency. This workshop provides an in depth look at the Alberta K-12 EAL Proficiency Benchmarks. Read Course Reviews.

Although work with these benchmarks continues in the EAL Assistant 2 Certificate of Recognition, a solid introduction to these benchmarks and how they can be used to leverage language learning is essential prior to registration for the EAL Assistant 2 Certificate of Recognition.

English proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark 8 is highly recommended to succeed in this workshop and both of the EAL Assistant Certificates of Recognition. Participants who need to strengthen their own academic listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in English are encouraged to do so prior to registration.

If you have taken the EAL Assistant 1 Certificate of Recognition in the past, you will get a 30% discount when you register for the EAL Assistant 2 - Bridging Workshop.

Instructor: Karen Bose, BFA, BEd, MEd - see Instructor Profile


Class ID

Days, Times & Dates


Enrol 24/7/365






Calgary Board of Education Employee Funding

Funding may be available to CBE employees through the Staff Association Staff Development Fund or the ATA Staff Development Fund. Further information regarding how to apply for professional development funding can be accessed on the CBE Staff Association (external website) or the Alberta Teacher Association (external website).

Contact Continuing Education