> student services > student supports & services > high school upgrading > home
How Can I Qualify for a Scholarship or an Award?
Many scholarships and awards are based on nonacademic achievements or qualifications. Some scholarships focus on financial need, women, Aboriginals and athletes. Ask your employer, your parents’ employer, community association or your church if they have a scholarship program. For more information contact Student Services: Room 164 of Viscount Bennett Centre, 403-777-7200 (Option 4)
- EducationMatters provides up to 26 scholarships and bursaries for CBE students using one application. There is a May 30th deadline for these awards.
- Alberta Learning Information Services is the Alberta government website with links to Alberta and other provinces post-secondary institutions, loans and scholarships.
- Canlearn.ca is the Federal government website
with links to savings programs and student loans/scholarships.
- Scholarshipscanada.com has an extensive scholarship, awards, bursaries and grants database. You can also find information on student loans, applications and budgeting while in school.
- Scholarships.com and Fastweb.com offer scholarships for the USA and other countries.
- The Calgary Foundation has over 100 student awards. Awards are made to students at all educational levels including elementary, junior and high school, undergraduate and graduate.
Enhance your chances of being awarded a scholarship by ensuring your application is complete and your references / essays are appropriate. Download:
Bissett Bursary Program
Applying at SAIT & need financial support? Students are chosen for the Bissett Bursary Program (external) based on demonstrated financial need, community involvement, career planning and academic success in high school. Eligible students can receive up to $13,000 in tuition assistance!
Burns Memorial Fund
For High School Students in Financial Need
The Burns Memorial Fund (external) oversees the granting of bursaries and scholarships for Calgary high school students in financial need. Chinook students, age dependant, are eligible for:
- Diploma Exam Preparation assistance
- Bright Futures Tutoring Program
- Inspiring Futures Scholarship